Heavy Towing & Recovery. Large or Small, We Tow 'em All!

Texas Wrecker Service

3449 Morgan Ave, Corpus Christi, TX 78405

805 S. Hwy 37 Access Rd, George West, TX 78022

(361) 883-3948

(800) 924-5102

accepted credit cards

Help! I was in a car accident. What do I do now?

By texaswrecker March 29, 2017

Help! I was in a car accident.  What do I do now?

  • STEP 1:  Call your insurance company to file a claim.  Call or email the Claim # to us asap.
  • STEP 2:  An insurance adjuster will inspect your car at our VSF (vehicle storage facility) to determine if your car is either “repairable” or “totaled.”  If your vehicle is repairable, your insurance adjuster will ask you where you want it repaired.  If it’s totaled, your insurance company will simply pay us directly for towing & storage and tow it away to the bone yard.
  • STEP 3:  “My insurance company told me to call you to release my vehicle”.  All releases must be in writing, you may sign a release form in our office or sign a notarized VSF 011 form and email to us:  TexasWrecker@Gmail.com.

Do I need to pay the tow bill to get my car out of the VSF (vehicle storage facility)?

  • If you have full coverage insurance or if someone else’s auto insurance is financially responsible for the accident, then the insurance company pays us directly.
  • If you DO NOT have insurance and YOU were at fault, it is in your best interest to pay for all fees asap and get it towed out asap to minimize accruing storage fees.

Where can I get a copy of the accident report?

  • You can request an accident report from CCPD, 321 John Sartain, Corpus Christi, TX 78401
  • Most reports are available 10 days after the date of the accident.



add comment

Your comment will be revised by the site if needed.